I've been thinking for a few weeks regarding the question: What if....? I started making a list of ideas and then went to the Internet. I Googled "what if.." and got a staggering number of hits. For example, there are student competitions that generate "what if" ideas. There are a blogs, innovation companies, and even a restaurant named "What if .... of Hershey".
"What if" can take on many different viewpoints. Here are some of my thoughts:
What if we ....
- never needed locks
- had no bad memories
- always made the right decision
- had no regrets
- never had a negative or impure thought
- had unlimited resources
- always felt accepted
- never envied anything or anyone
- we were always satisfied
- never wanted
- were happy with our bodies
- were never sad
- had a sports team that never lost
- never had cliques
- were always thankful
- took nothing for granted
- never needed a doctor or lawyer
- never got tired
- never cried
- never had another bad hair day
- all had hair
- never had crime
- were never lonely
- really enjoyed each other
- could ask God anything?
- I can't remember how to change a diaper
- my DirecTV goes out during the Iron Bowl
- they finally decide that Splenda really is bad for you
- hand sanitizer is really a scam
- my kids dress me in stripes together with plaids when I'm in a old-folks home
- all of our recycling efforts just end up in the same pile of garbage anyway
- Savannah doesn't recognize me unless I place a laptop next to my head
- UK is not in the Final Four
- my dog stopped barking at 6 in the morning
- turkey & dressing really are good for you? - Happy Thanksgiving!
Want to add to the list? Leave a comment....
But.... "what if" no one has an opinion....?