Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Here's To My Best Friend!



My best friend! My best friend has a birthday today. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her in my life. She is the kind of person that always gives more than she receives. She always puts others ahead of herself and spares no expense at meeting the needs of the people around her (this is often her reasoning for shopping...). I married this 'best friend' over 27 years ago in Ashland, KY. We've obviously had our ups & downs, but it's been a journey that I wouldn't trade for the world.

I've learned so many things from her over the years. Some good, some not-so-good. But, that's true about all of us, isn't it? I wrote about this last year. We are certainly wired differently, and it was a very mature moment in my life when I finally realized this. We started dating the summer we graduated high school. We were finally engaged during our years at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond. All-in-all, we were together about 5 years before getting hitched. So, it's more like 32 years instead of 27.

Tami has taught me to be more compassionate (although I have miles to go), and free-spirited. I don't always have to plan every detail based on probability and logic. Sometimes it's OK to 'just do it'. I see how other people respect and admire her ways and I am so proud of her. She really is an excellent role model for many young women. Did I say how proud of her I am?


Raise your glass.... here's to the woman of my dreams! There's no one else I want to do life with. I love being by her side and will never stop loving her. She'll always be my best friend!
Happy birthday, Tam. You're beautiful... I love you!

1 comment: