Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Very Impressive Thing...




Lauren is in the final days of her pregnancy. Today is July 21st, Tuesday, and we have yet another beautiful sunny winter day in Australia. Cool enough for a sweatshirt, but warm enough to actually get a slight sun burn. I am loving the Sydney winters! LW continues to persevere through the final days with a grace and patience that is quite impressive. I can imagine myself complaining quite a bit if the roles were reversed. But, she smiles and waits....
There are many impressive things I've noticed in the 10 days that I've been here. I've seen the grand international downtown of Sydney, the passion of Hillsong Church, the mildness of an Australian winter, the comfortableness of a laid-back culture down under.... But none have been more impressive than the circle of friends that have surrounded Lauren, especially in these final days.

Tami & I have been blessed to get just a short glimpse into the support group that truly has touched the heart and life of our daughter. It has been our pleasure to meet strong and faithful young ladies such as Jennie, Bel, and Kellie. Jenny happens to be from North Alabama - close to where we live. She met her Australian husband in AL, moved to Sydney, and has been a wonderful friend to Lauren ever since. Bel is a native Australian and has been a blessing in Lauren's life since Lauren first visited several years ago. She actually flew to KY and attended L & D's wedding in December 2006. Kellie has a one year old daughter and has been a great source of encouragement, as well as advice for our soon-to-be-Mother. There are many other friends, both for L & D, but these three seem like special friends to me. Thank you girls!


Since Tami & I will be on the other side of the world, I will take comfort in knowing that this close circle of friends will be there during the good times and bad. I personally, appreciate your generosity, encouragement, and love for Lauren Windsor. I am grateful...


No comments:

Post a Comment